The student news site of Rogers High School

Mountie Spectrum

What to expect on the day of prom

Dance+the+night+away%3A+listen+to+this+advice+to+ensure+you+have+the+night+of+your+life+at+prom.+Photo+courtesy+of+Diana+Thompson.+
Dance the night away: listen to this advice to ensure you have the night of your life at prom. Photo courtesy of Diana Thompson.

Alie Thompson, Staff Writer

Prom is right around the corner and is one of the most important dances in high school if you’re an upper-classmen. Whether you have a date or not, you can still have fun. If you have never been to prom, you’ve never got to experience how hectic it is.

If you are new at this whole prom thing, then strap on your seat-belt because it’s a whole new world, especially if you’re a girl. Guys have crazy days as well, but girls have the craziest day by far.

Prom Day Expectations: Girls

Ladies, the day you’ve been waiting for is here, prom. What an exciting day it is for girls and for the seniors, it being your last dance. Senior Samantha Haley gives a bit of advice from her past prom.

“Prom is so fun. You wake up on a Saturday morning knowing you have a full day ahead of you, and there is no better feeling than that. To start off, you need to go get yourself some coffee from Starbucks or your local coffee shop. Then go get your nails and toes done early in the morning, and make sure you have an appointment too, so you’ll know you get in. After, it’s time for hair and makeup, my favorite part. That can usually take around 2 or more hours, so be sure to have everything planned out around your schedule. But just wait, it’s time to put on that dress you spent hours looking for. You’re ready for pictures, dinner, and the dance now. Have fun and enjoy it while it lasts.” Haley said.

Prom Day Expectations: Boys

Alright boys, this is your time to shine and show how nicely you can clean up. Senior Brad Johnson shares what it was like for him on the day of prom.

“You wake up and eat a big breakfast because it will probably be awhile before you eat your next meal. You layout your tux and hop in the shower to get ready for the night ahead. Now you’ll get dressed and put on your favorite cologne. Don’t let me forget, make sure you have gum on you, and just have the mentality you’re gonna have a good night.” Johnson said.

Senior Calvin Neff also shares another perspective of the typical prom day for boy.

“Wake up, eat, hit the gym, and shower before getting ready for the so called “big day.” You get your tux on, hair touched up, and now it’s time for you to go to pictures, dinner, and the dance. After you’re done doing all that, you just kick it with the bros and relax,” Neff said.

Prom is a big deal for most schools. It’s such a fun day to get dressed up and dance the night away with all your friends. Don’t miss out this year and enjoy it before your high school career is over. Experience prom.