The student news site of Rogers High School

Mountie Spectrum

Top 5 movies to watch this Fall

Britany Williams, Staff Writer

It’s time to get some popcorn and pile up on the couch with a group of best buds or that special someone. With fall coming our way, it’s no surprise that’s all people want to do is drink a pumpkin spice latte and get lost in the world of Freddy Krueger or Charlie Brown and his Great Pumpkin. Here are some movies you definitely need to watch this fall.

Hocus Pocus: A classic halloween movie for sure. Max Dennison, a teenager who recently moved to Salem, Mass. has came across an old abandoned house with his sister and newfound friend. While looking around in the house they accidently set free a coven of witches and release them into the world. With the help of a magical cat, the trio has to steal a spell book so the witches do not become mortal.

St. Elmo’s Fire: This one is for the old school movie lovers. Rob Lowe, Judd Nelson, Emilio Estevez, and many more from the “brat pack” are fresh out of college and are trying to figure out life together. First apartments, bar fights, love, and friends navigating adulthood together while the seasons change.

Rocky Horror Picture Show: A cult classic with Tim Curry in drag, what more could you ask for. Newly wed Brad and Janet encounter an eerie mansion after a flat tire on a lonely road, where they find Dr. Frank-N-Furter (Tim Curry) and his strange group of house guest. Through “far out” dances and rock songs, Brad and Janet meet Frank-N-Furters newest creation, Rocky.

Silver Linings Playbook: After losing his job and wife, Pat Solitano (Bradley Cooper) finds himself in a mental institution to do some rethinking of his life. Coming home to live with his parents, he meets neighbor Tiffany (Jennifer Lawrence) and things start to get complicated when he makes a deal for a favor to reconnect with his wife.

Practical Magic: Midnight Margaritas with Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman sounds like the perfect night to most. These two sisters have come from a long line of witches and now it’s up to them and their kids to save the family’s future. Sandra Bullocks character ends of having two girls who are also witches, they kill Nicole Kidman’s abusive boyfriend and because of a demon injecting his dead body he haunts and threatens to end the family line. Now they have learn and use new magic to solve some not so normal problems.