Mountie Spectrum

FCA club

Livier Arellano, Staff Writer

Club day two is full of interesting clubs, but one that is rarely talked about is FCA.

FCA stands for Fellowship of Christian Athletes, their mission is to present to athletes and coaches and all whom they influence the challenge and adventure of receiving Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord, serving him in their relationships and in the fellowship of the church.

Jenna Burteca, one of the presidents of FCA, joined freshman year. She claimed that they advance the gospel throughout kids in school.

“The club is about spreading the gospel through communicating and worship.”  Jenna Burteca said.

In this club you not only enhance a relationship with Jesus Christ, you also make new friends.

“It’s a time to put community and worship so you get to make new friends and meet new people and just really learn more about God.” Jenna Burteca said.

When the school has the club fair it is really important to look at the different options you have, Jenna Burteca heard about FCA through the school’s club fair.

“I heard about  it through the club fair at school, I really appreciated the school having that club.”

The FCA vision is to see the world impacted for Jesus Christ through the influence of athletes and coaches.

“I love this club, you get to learn about getting in a relationship with Jesus. I never knew what it was about until my brother joined and every time he would go home, he would talk about it to me. I’m thankful for this club. It brought my relationship closer to Jesus.” Christian Salazar said.   

This club values our relationships that will demonstrate their commitment to Jesus Christ and His World through integrity, serving, teamwork and excellence.