National Championship aftermath

Back to Article
Back to Article

National Championship aftermath

Rolando Hernandez, Staff Writer

On January 8th, 2018 Alabama crimson tide takes another win for the national championship against Georgia Bulldogs 26-23.

Both teams came prepared as they have been facing off in Mercedes-benz stadium for the championship. Though enough can be said about the performance Jalen Hurts put on that night, catching three out of eight attempts for only 21 yards throughout the first half of the game. After the first half Nick Saban decided to substitute Jalen Hurts with Tua Tagovailoa a freshman from Honolulu, Hawaii. Brian Daboll who is an offensive coordinator explains how Tua struggled at the beginning of training camp and later showed he was different then the other QBs who wanted to play for Alabama. “Some of the guys throw right through the door, others through the door knob, but Tua can throw it right into the keyhole,” Daboll said.

Plenty of things can be said of what happened to Hurts during the game. He showed great promise against Clemson beating them 24-6. Hurts was very humble even after being benched during the second half. He explained that he was very supportive as Tua was supportive of him  throughout the year being benched at the championship .Possibly starting 2018-2019 Tua will be the starting QB for Alabama and as for Hurts, he might go back to Texas where he was originally from and play for the Longhorns since they are in the market for a QB. If there aren’t other colleges Hurts is interested, in he may end up being a backup for Tua.