Mountie Spectrum

Super Bowl LII

Rolando Hernandez, Staff Writer

The Super Bowl is coming up and the two teams left are the New England Patriots and the Philadelphia Eagles who will be facing off for the Lombardi Trophy.

New England Patriots are one of the best teams for years winning Super Bowl 51 against the Atlanta Falcons. They went from a 21-0 lead until Tom Brady stepped up and ended the game 34-28. Having a veteran QB who  will be turning 41 this year is amazing to watch. Brady was the 199th pick coming from Michigan State. He was later signed by the New England Patriots late in the sixth round as a backup QB. After Drew Bledsoe’s injury on Sept.30, 2001, Brady stepped up to become one the best Quarterbacks ever. He lead the patriots to five super bowl wins in 2002,2004,2005,2015, and 2017.

Tom Brady was considered a QB who would not be reliable being only 195 pounds with not so much muscle and along with having a weak arm. 18 seasons later Brady leads the patriots to this years 2018 super bowl against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Nick Foles was the backup QB for Carson Wentz who lead the Eagles 13-3 after having a 7-9 record in 2016. And after having a knee injury against the Los Angeles rams ,Foles stepped up to lead the Eagles later on to the Super Bowl winning over the Atlanta Falcons in the Divisional round. During the championship they completely dominated the vikings 38 – 7. Foles was picked in the third round back in 2012. He showed such great potential and could have a shot to overcome Brady and the pats to stop them in their track for that sixth super bowl win.

Foles is considered an amazing QB for leading the Eagles to the Super Bowl. Back in Super Bowl 39 they both went up against each other with the Patriots winning 24-21. If history repeats itself the Patriots might beat the Eagles again for another Super Bowl win.