Mountie Spectrum

Fake moon landing theory

nationalgeographic.com

nationalgeographic.com

Kynzee Favano

Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin (supposedly) landed on the moon nearly 40 years ago and still, many people are fully convinced that no such “giant leap for mankind” ever took place. This is due to the many shady things that took place prior to, during, and in the following days after the landing. It is believed that Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin shot footage of the so-called landing in a secret Hollywood film set somewhere, possibly near Area 51.

The first and possibly most compelling piece of evidence that the moon landing was a hoax is that in the photo of the flag on the moon, it seems to be fluttering in the wind. But, there is no wind on the moon, which would make this impossible, unless the flag was never on the moon at all. This theory has since been debunked, with the explanation that the flag is being held up by a bar and moved when the bar was being adjusted into position. This is what caused the flag to look as though it was moving in the wind.

The next piece of information is that, in photos taken from a high angle, there are clear shadows of Armstrong and Aldrin, which could only appear if there was another source of light, such as a ring light, which are used in the making of movies and on film sets, but certainly not in space. However this theory has also been debunked and the shadows can be explained by the fact that the astronauts where taking photos when the sun was shining on the moon in a brightly lit area.

Another popular claim associated with the fake moon landing is that in nearly every photo taken on the moon there are no visible stars in the sky, which is odd, considering that the astronauts were in fact, in space. But again, the missing stars can be explained that since the photos were taken on the side of the moon facing the sun, it was too bright for stars to be visible.

All of the main alleged theories, as of right now, have been debunked, however, the question remains: Are these debunkings explanation enough for the seemingly impossible things that are claimed to have happened on the moon in 1969?

About the Writer