Mountie Spectrum

Democrats are becoming targets

Pipe bombs threatening Democrats: The past week Democrats were being sent pipe bombs that were at the end not a dange. The man responsible for sending these weapons has been detained, and has started going through his court session. Photo by wikimedia.org

Karis Smith

Pipe bombs were sent around the United States of America from Los Angeles to the CNN offices in New York. Causing a investigation to occur on who is responsible for sending bombs to Democrats.

Fortunately, none of the bombs were detonated. The first bomb was discovered Monday Oct. 22 2018 when its was delivered to a liberal billionaire George Soros’ house. Later that day another was sent to the CNN Offices, address to former C.I.A. director, John Brennan. This prompted an investigation from the FBI to find even more bombs located in multiple areas in the United States. Soon after another bomb was addressed to former Attorney General Eric Holder ,but went to the Florida Office of Democratic Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

On Tuesday Oct. 23, 2018, a bomb was sent to former President Barack Obama’s Washington D.C. home. Then, Wednesday Oct. 24 2018 two additional bombs were sent to Congresswoman Maxine Waters, but were intercepted. Later that night, another pipe bomb was sent to the home of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in Chappaqua, N.Y. Also, two additional bombs were addressed to Rep. Maxine Waters, but before they reached her they were intercepted by the FBI. Thursday Oct. 25, 2018 a suspicious package was sent to actor Robert De Niro’s home in Tribeca, N.Y. Later that day,two more packages were intercepted, and were meant for former Vice President Joe Biden in Delaware.

The FBI has intercepted most of the bombs. The FBI found a powder in all the bombs and they said it’s “not biological” threat.

So far, they found a suspect named Cesar Sayoc, who was arrested Friday Oct. 26, 2018 in Florida. He has five charges, and could face about 48 years in prison if guilty. Investigators found a hit list of over 100 potential targets including Calif. Senator Kamala Harris, Texas Senator Cory Booker, and former Director of National Intelligence. Since, 2002, he has been arrested nine times for making bomb threats grand theft, fraud, battery, and drug possession. Sayoc is a Republican who has slammed Democrats, specifically Hillary Clinton. Attacking democrats is not a new thing for Sayoc.

His case has started, and are proceeding on it. His case is being held at Southern District in New York. Throughout the case there is a possibility that more charges can be added to him. It will take a while for a decision to be made, but with the confession of him saying he did not want to hurt anyone makes a decision go a bit faster. Which will cause Sayoc not to be a free man anymore.

About the Writer