GRADUATION: COVID EDITION

After this crazy year parents, students and faculty are excited to be able to announce this year there WILL be a graduation

Seniors await graduation at Bud Walton Arena in Fayetteville on May 14.

With the end of the school year winding down the seniors are really excited to get their cap and gown and graduate. The faculty have been informed on some guidelines the students, faculty, and parents and family. There has been an email sent to the seniors families about all the guidelines that need to be followed. 

“The graduation will be held at the Bud Walton Arena on May 14 and there will be two ceremonies,” according to a statement released by Principal Villines. 

The main thing they want to decrease is the crowding of people trying to get all at one time and make sure they are putting distance between everyone. 

“The first ceremony will be held at 12:30 p.m. and the second will be held at 3:00 p.m.,” Villines said. 

The one thing that is very different this year that years before is the seniors will have to check in and go straight to their assigned seat to avoid crowding. 

“To avoid congregating, graduates will check in and go directly to their assigned seat,” Villines said.

The biggest change this year that we noticed the most is all the music is gonna be pre-recording and played there will be no live music. 

“All music will be recorded,” Villines said. 

The number of students will be capped at a certain number of students and the guest will be limited. 

“Graduates will get 6 tickets each for guests to attend,” Villines said. 

The ceremonies are gonna be held for only a certain amount of time and the students will be assigned to the ceremony by their last name. 

“Each ceremony will be 1 hour and students will be assigned to a ceremony based on last name,” Villines said.

All the guests will be required to follow the ADH guidelines at the graduation at all times. 

“Guests will be expected to follow all ADH guidelines,” Villines said.